The Lucky Duck, Aungier St. Dublin
A protected structure of architectural, historical, archaeological and urban landmark significance, the original building was plotted in 1756 as part of the Aungier Estate, owned by the esteemed Francis Aungier, Earl of Longford. Since it was first recorded in 1837 43 Aungier St has been a drinking establishment, with a colourful collection of proprietors over the years.
Scope of Works
Our scope of works for this project included renovations to all existing joinery & upgrade and alterations to historic joinery. We repaired existing sliding sash windows and upgraded them to slimlite double glazing, using our renowned conservation practices. We refurbished & upgraded the original stairs while ensuring to maintain the buildings true character. We worked in collaboration with the fitout design team, on developing a new shopfront which would blend in seamlessly with the building’s historic presence. We provided sketches & workshop drawings to finalise the shopfront detail. We then manufactured & installed the new shopfront along the front & side facades of the building.